Thursday, September 2, 2010

Wow...it has been a while since I've been here. Right now I am watching a Discovery Documentary about Dade County Jail. I've never gotten into watching those prime time shows (Glee, True Blood etc.). It's either Discovery channel, National Geographic or the Learning Channel. Still working at the same place, doing the same thing. Either time for a vacation or time to move on. I think it's the latter. I work with the most annoying people on Earth. Too bad we can't just express our anger. The worst thing about that place is that people get all up in your business. If I wanted someone to know something, I will tell them. I'm afraid one of these days I'm just going to snap, like one of those postal workers bringing their AK to work and mowing everyone down. It is really time to move on!!!

My grandparent's wedding anniversary (dad's side) is coming up and I'm trying to get in shape. I bought this cute dress at Macy's. It was on sale for $35. Even though I like to go shopping I still have to watch it and not spend too much. I think I spend when I'm bored. I'm seeing results, little changes to my body everyday. Eventhough the scale seems to be stuck at 115 lbs, I notice more definition to my arms and abs. Trying to fight looking like a "Bird Lady," the body type that my mother and grandmother have (flabby arms/big stomach). The flabby arm thing is a genetic predisposition that I'm working hard to fight. Those two do not work out so maybe I have a chance. The upper part of my grandmother's arms is the same size as her wrists - all the way down and she hides it by wearing long sleeve blouses.

This summer has been filled with various social events mainly with family. I'm invited to a coworker's wedding next week & I'm going to try to ditch that early. She did not invite everyone, just the ones she likes. If I ever got married, I am not inviting any of my coworkers. I don't want to offend anyone by inviting some and not others. Then there's the cost. There's really no need for everyone at work to know my personal business anyway.

I've been taking hula lessons every Saturday. Learning so much. Need to loosen my hips though.

I suspect that a person at work has a bit of a crush on me. Damn, why can't it be someone cute? We've hung out a few times, maybe he got the wrong idea. He keeps posting these creepy things on his FB page. He's way too young, more than 20 lbs overweight and no education. Call me shallow, but I do not find a guy who is more than 20+ lbs overweight attractive. He's a nice kid, but NO. Then.... there's this other guy that my friend is trying to get me together with. They're trying to hook him up with someone because everyone in their group of friends is married. So it won't be awkward. This guy is gross. I think I'd rather turn gay. She says but "he's really a nice guy" and "look past the exterior." The truth is, the exterior counts. There are lots of "nice guys," that is not all it takes.

I'd rather be alone than knowing I just "settled." I'd be wasting my time and their time when they can be with someone who will love them for who they are.

No comments: