Sunday, January 3, 2010

Let the consumer BEWARE!!!

Just wanted to warn people about this company, Inkubook (Indianapolis IN). It's a photobook publishing service. If anyone has any problems using this service... good luck!!!

And BEWARE!!!

I spent hours working on a book for my vacation photos and I never received it! Contacted customer support via email to see what happened. Supposedly they shipped it via UPS and someone at the receiving end "refused" the package. Huh??? All I had to do on my end was provide a credit card # and correct shipping address (I checked it 100X). I checked UPS tracking and it showed that it was shipped to a different city. It if it was delivered HERE, UPS would show MY CITY under tracking details. That's how it's always been for any UPS deliveries I've had, I've never had any problems with UPS. I told them and was told that it was "not their fault." After multiple email exchanges, I asked for them to either reship the item or give me a refund and they refused. Their customer support person (I think it was only one person answering my emails -someone named "Craig Price") told me that it was "impossible" to reship the item. He didn't even explain why.

They (he) kept trying to push another coupon on me so I would have to buy a new book. I was already charged $65 for the book I didn't have, and they expected me to spend another $30 to make a new book? Do they think I can just throw away $65???? I was not very happy and this person answering the emails was rude and sarcastic. When I asked if they can waive the fee for a new book he answered: "Maybe I didn't explain the coupon well enough..." I could never get away with treating a customer like that, that is just unacceptable!

If I'm spending that much of my hard earned money I deserve better! I am telling everyone!!!!

2 comments:

Cheap Cindy said...

So sorry to hear about your trouble with this company, but thanks for the heads up. Have you tried disputing it through your credit card? Most credit cards will allow you to dispute transactions such as this so it may be worth checking into if you haven't already. You may also want to file a complaint with the BBB. I hope you get it resolved.

pmsorchid said...

* I called my credit card company to disput the transaction. I told that I never received the item - and I didn't. So they refunded back the $65. Then I get another email from the company saying that they are sending a replacement (I didn't order one though). When I received the item, I wasn't really impressed. The pages were all wrinkled on the side probably from the gluing process. And it looked like someone had thumbed through it with oily fingers.