Monday, October 20, 2008

My Single Blessedness [LOL!!!]

I am seething right now. I am so angry. I wish someone would give five dollars for every stupid thing anyone says to me. Then I can cut my work hours to part time and have a down payment for a house.

I’ve been on vacation this past week. It was nice, but too short. The last Friday 10/10, I went to San Gabriel to have my dress altered and I got to hang out with my friend, the bride. That Saturday, I went to a baby shower. On Sunday I went to J’s "wedding celebration." I got the e-vite to the wedding only 2 weeks before because she just found out she was 3 months pregnant. They got married 9/27 at a Riverside courthouse and this was like their reception/celebration brunch. So the first weekend of my vacation was busy.

Monday 10/13 – Thursday 10/16, I just chilled at home. Got to work out and spend time with the bf. My birthday was on Friday 10/17. I went out to dinner with J and N at Chateau Brodard. Got a few calls and email greetings which was nice. This was part of an email from my grandmother:

Many Happy Returns on your birthday. Seems you are
enjoying your Single Blessedness!

It's okey, after age 31 there's still lots of
years till 100 to decide when to settle "for good or not".


My single blessedness???? WTF? What does religion have to do with it? Does she now see me as some kind of Blessed Virgin Mary? Is she having blessed virgin fantasies about me??? I’m suddenly getting pressure from all sides. I am 31 – by this age, according to these people, I should be married with 5 screaming kids. Whether I want them or not. That’s all I ever hear from them these days. To them, the main objective in life of any woman is to get married and make babies. To some, that may be their whole life - and that's fine - but I know there is more to life than that. I want more. I expect more.

At my sister in law’s baby shower, I was approached by my aunt who asked me if I wanted to have a baby. I just told her “no.” She just sat there, looking at me with this dumb look on her face and psychotic smile. She didn’t say anything else.

Saturday, I hung out with C. I went with her to her coworker’s engagement party. She didn’t want to go by herself because there was a guy at the party who this friend is trying to set her up with. She was embarrassed & wanted to leave early. After that we did some shopping at Victoria Gardens and saw “Lakeview Terrace.”

After that I went to my mom’s since I was in the area – they have been begging me to visit. There is a REASON why I do not visit. The whole time I’m there I’m barraged with comments about marriage and babies, marriage and babies, marriage and babies…it was just constant. I’m there to spend quality time with her and my sister – who just had kidney stone surgery on Saturday and that’s all she does.

We were having lunch today – her, the new husband and me, & in the conversation I mentioned that I wanted my life to be simple. Then she makes this flippant comment that really sends me over the edge: “that’s why she doesn’t want to get married” – something like that. I was like, that’s it you biotch – that was the final straw. I have had enough. I came back with: you don’t know anything, I never said that & who are you to judge when your own life sucks! It sounded even worse coming out of my mouth in my language, I had enough venom bottled up inside me to kill a horse. I could have gone off and really let her have it. But that was all I said and nothing more. She tried to brush it off like it was nothing, saying “oh she just attacked me hahaha,” in front of her husband. But later on the smile came off her face, she changed the subject but I can tell – I got her. I just left without saying goodbye this afternoon, I was very upset.

I’m glad I stood up for myself. Sometimes people need a slap or a shake to get them to stop their obnoxious behavior. She better seriously consider it or I’ll be one more person on the list of people who refuses to speak to her.

If I don’t get an apology that’s okay. I’ll just cut her off too. She’s got issues. When I’m there she probably thinks I’m just rubbing my freedom and independence in her face. It’s sad if she doesn’t know what she just did was insensitive, ignorant and stupid. This does not feel like unconditional love.


So….I don’t get it. I’m happy. I have everything I want. I’m not hurting anyone. Yet these people act like I have some kind of disease or problem. I wish people would just leave my blessed @ss the f- alone!!!!

No comments: